The 15th Annual Cultural Insights Forum, which will be held on March 25 at the Edison Ballroom in New York City, will feature a “Messaging Matters” track, a series of advertising case studies targeting multicultural and Hispanic consumers. The Cultural Insights Forum is a pioneering research- and strategy-driven event hosted annually by Horowitz Research, a leading multicultural and Hispanic research firm. The event is attended by over 400 executives in the media, advertising, technology and financial industries, and is recognized as a top venue for discussion of how to best serve the increasingly multicultural American media market.
The selected case studies exemplify innovative approaches to targeting today’s culturally diverse and multiplatform consumers by leveraging cultural insights. Featured case studies include:
- Porque Puedo/Because I Can, presented by Jose Velez-Silva, Senior Director, Multicultural Marketing, Comcast and Silvina Cendra, Planning Director, Grupo Gallegos, is Comcast’s award-winning ad campaign. “Porque Puedo” breaks the mold of traditional Hispanic advertising strategy to target bicultural and more-acculturated Latinos who are often incorrectly assumed to be covered by general market messaging.
- Never Too Far, presented by Mir Akhgar, Associate Director, Client Services, Gravity Media and a Western Union representative (TBD), targets Asian Indians and Filipinos who send money to their home country. The campaign sought to build energized differentiation from its competitors and foster an emotional connection with the consumer through in-culture partnerships and by leveraging social and CRM for storytelling.
- Corolla Ready, presented by Joe Min, Group Account Director, interTrend and a Toyota representative (TBD), aimed to shift the image of the Corolla from the “car I should get” to the “car I want — now” among Asian American Millennials.
- Speaking Their Language: How Hulu and Corona Reach Millennial Hispanics, presented by Justin Fromm, Head of Ad Sales Research, Hulu and Amy D’Souza, Media Manager, Constellation Brands Beer Division, illustrates how Hulu’s Bi-lingual Ad Selector helped Corona deliver on insights around viewer choice and acknowledge the two worlds in which Hispanic Millennials live.
The case study presentations are part of a robust agenda that includes a presentation of Horowitz’s latest ethnographic and survey research on multicultural audiences, the latest research from ESPN’s Advertiser Analytics team, and the third annual Emerging Voices Showcase. The day will also include high-level, thought-provoking panels on:
- Video content and distribution in a multiplatform world;
- Creating programming that resonates with multicultural, multiplatform Millennials;
- Workplace and ownership diversity in the media and technology sector; and
- How new technologies, like 4K TVs, wearables, and virtual reality are changing consumer attitudes and expectations toward media brands.
This year’s event is sponsored by ESPN, ESPN Deportes, Comcast, TV5MONDE, NUVO TV + FUSE, TV One and Cine Sony Television, among others.
Early bird registration pricing is in effect through February 20. For more information and to register: www.culturalinsightsforum.com