Top 20 Hispanic Enterprises, Businessman & Businesswoman of the Year Honored by USHCC
Entrepreneurs Commended for Leading Hispanic Business Growth in America
The United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (USHCC) recognized the Top 20 Largest Latino & Latina owned businesses and announces the Hispanic Businessman and Businesswoman of the Year during a ceremony at the HBE Elite Luncheon at the USHCC 32nd Annual National Convention & Business Expo in Miami Beach yesterday
2011 Hispanic Businesswoman of the Year – Veronica Edwards, President and CEO of InGenesis, Inc.,
InGenesis is a diversified healthcare solutions firm based out of San Antonio, Texas, which specializes in sourcing, recruiting and managing healthcare providers. The company employs over 635 people and services 80 client facilities in 34 states. Edwards is the sole proprietor of InGenesis and under her leadership the company achieved significant growth during one of the worst economic downturns in U.S. history. InGenesis increased revenues from $5 million in 2008 to over $51 million in 2010.
2011 Hispanic Businessman of the Year Award – Marcelo Claure, Founder, Chairman and CEO of Brightstar Corp.
Since its founding in 1997, Marcelo Claure has transformed Brightstar Corp., from a small start up into one of world’s largest wireless distribution corporations and a leader in global services to the wireless industry. Brightstar which originally started in America, now has a local presence in 50 countries across six continents with over 43,000 customers, enabling more than 90,000 points of sale on a daily basis. In a world where business transactions are increasingly more dependent on constant connectivity, these wireless services have become a crucial resource for businesses worldwide.
The Hispanic Businessman and Businesswoman of the Year were chosen from a list of exceptional applicants from across the country and selected by an independent judging panel.
Also recognized at the ceremony were the USHCC’s Top 20 Hispanic Business Enterprises. These companies represent the largest HBEs in America, as identified by Hispanic Business Magazine’s Top 500 list. The honorees included:
- Brightstar Corp., Marcelo Claure
- MasTec Inc., Jose Mas
- The Related Group of Florida, Jorge Perez
- International Bancshares Corp, Dennis Nixon
- Quirch Foods Co., Guillermo Quirch
- Greenway Ford Inc., Frank Rodriguez
- The Diez Group, Gerald Diez
- Ruiz Foods Inc., Bryce Ruiz
- Group O Inc., Gregg Ontiveros
- Gensis Networks Enterprises LLC, James Goodman
- SDI International Corp., Carmen Castillo
- Ole Mexican Foods Inc., Veronica Moreno
- Pinnacle Technical Resources, Nina Vaca-Humrichouse
- Elder Automotive Group, Irma Elder
- PS Energy Group, Livia Whisenhunt
- The Alamo Travel Group, Patricia Pliego Stout
- Argent Associates Inc., Beatrice Manetta
- Navarro Research & Engineering, Susana Navarro-Valenti
- Nexgen Information Service Inc., Maria del Carmen Jacob
- InGenesis Inc., Veronica Edwards