The Hispanic Heritage Foundation today announced the 2015 Hispanic Heritage Awards honorees whom will be recognized at the 28th Annual Hispanic Heritage Awards Presented by Target on September 17th at the Historic Warner Theatre and broadcast October 9th on PBS during Hispanic Heritage Month. Legendary Actress, Singer and previous Hispanic Heritage Award recipient Rita Moreno will host the program and perform. Stay tuned for additional news on presenters and additional sponsors for the Hispanic Heritage Awards.
The 2015 Hispanic Heritage Awardees are:
· Director Robert Rodriguez for Vision, presented by Hershey’s
· Musician Arturo Sandoval for Arts, presented by Southwest Airlines – The Official Airlines of the Hispanic Heritage Awards
· Healthcare Provider Maria Gomez for Healthcare
· Singer Ana Gabriel for Legend
· Scientist Dr. Vladamir Alvarado for STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math), presented by ExxonMobil
· The White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for Hispanics for Education, presented by Target
Hall of Fame Pitcher Pedro Martinez for Sports
Special Recognition to Singer Becky G for Inspira, serving as a role model for youth in the public eye, presented by Hispanic Heritage Foundation
“The Hispanic Heritage Foundation is proud to partner with Target and all our sponsors to honor yet another visionary group of Latino leaders with the Hispanic Heritage Award and share our cultural pride, accomplishment and great promise with all of America,” said Jose Antonio Tijerino, President and CEO. “We are also excited about the great line up of performances led by the incomparable Rita Moreno. The evening will certainly be entertaining, meaningful and inspirational.”
Performances will include Rita Moreno, Lila Downs, Arturo Sandoval, Ana Gabriel, Gaby Moreno, and Becky G. Opera Singer Carla Dirlikov will sing the national anthem.