REPORT: Social Media Marketing Top Priority For Brands In 2015
Social Media Marketing Campaign
According to Social Media Examiner’s Social Media Marketing Industry Report 2015, 92% of marketers said that social media was important to their businesses and 84% stated that they integrated their social media and traditional marketing activities. What’s more, 64% stated that they are using social media for six or more hours a week, with 41% admitted to using it for approximately 11 hours per week.
So what results are these businesses seeing for their social efforts? The following statistics from the report offer extensive insight on this subject.
- 90% reported an increase in brand or business exposure.
- 77% reported an increase in website traffic.
- 69% reported an increase in brand loyalty.
- 68% reported a gain in marketplace intelligence and 66%+ saw positive growth in lead generation with a time investment of six hours a week.
- 53% of those who have used social media marketing strategies for over two years actually report an increase in sales, while those who spend six or more hours a week on social media marketing campaigns report similar results.
- 73% of those who spend an excess of 40 hours a week report earning new business from their efforts.
- More than 50% report a gain in new partnerships who have invested time in social media marketing for at least two years.
Of all mediums, Facebook Inc. (NASDAQ:FB) remains the highest used and highest esteemed social media platform for businesses, continuing to dominate at 93%, and employs intelligent developments to stay relevant, which you can read about in our article here. The next favored mediums are Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube, Pinterest, and Instagram.
Commonly used types of content are 71% visual, 70% blogging, 57% video, and 10% podcasting. The implementation of video and podcasting in social media marketing campaigns is expected to see a significant increase this year.