Bilingual Account Executive – Ogilvy Washington – Social Marketing Practice – Washington, DC
Ogilvy Public Relations is seeking a bilingual (English/Spanish) communications professional to provide support for the communication strategies and activities for three large government clients working to increase awareness about kidney disease, colon cancer, and flu vaccination among Hispanics in the United States. As a bilingual Account Executive in our Social Marketing Practice, your skills will be used in a wide variety of activities ranging from materials development, media relations, social media and community outreach. The successful candidate must be able to manage multiple assignments and clients with a high degree of success and independence.
- Manage day-to-day client account work, including writing various communications materials in English and Spanish (i.e.: press releases, fact sheets, web content, power point presentations, and collateral materials)
- Maintain client and media contact
- Manage projects in a collaborative environment
- Act as liaison between client, outside partners/vendors and internal teams
- Implement tactics that support client strategies
- Demonstrate strong team/collaboration skills
- Work with creative team to develop and update campaign materials
- Coordinate campaign communication with partners–including providing quarterly campaign updates to partners, fulfilling partner requests for materials, and providing technical assistance when needed
- Provide some project-related support, including weekly and monthly client reporting
- Manage social media platforms in Spanish and English
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in English and Spanish
- Minimum of 2 years of communications experience
- Experience in supporting strategic communications programs for social marketing campaigns preferred
- Prior experience supporting community relations and partnership development with Hispanic organizations
- Strong overall grasp of the communications function including writing press releases, pitching to media, and conducting research
- Social media experience
- Media relations experience (including experience with traditional media pitching, monitoring, and analysis)
- Proven ability to work within tight project timelines
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and media databases
Please visit the careers section of our web site at http://careers.ogilvy.com to apply online. No phone calls or emails please. Only those candidates selected to interview will be contacted. While we welcome applications from out of state candidates, we are unable to provide reimbursement for relocation or travel expenses for this position.
Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide (Ogilvy PR) is a global, multi-disciplinary communications leader operating in more than 70 markets. Named 2009 Large Agency of the Year by PRNews and 2008 Large Agency of the Year by The Holmes Report, Ogilvy PR blends proven PR methodologies with cutting edge digital innovations to craft strategic programs that give clients winning and measurable results. In its 29th year, Ogilvy PR provides strategic public relations counsel to a variety of clients across its social marketing, public affairs, healthcare, consumer marketing, 360-degree digital influence, corporate, and technology practices. Ogilvy PR is a WPP company, one of the world’s largest communications services organizations (NASDAQ: WPPGY, www.wpp.com). For more information, visit our Web site at www.ogilvypr.com.