Job listing for new vice president position opening with NHCC (job posted Aug. 14, 2009)
The National Hispanic Corporate Council (NHCC), a non-profit organization, is seeking to fill the position of Vice President.
About the National Hispanic Corporate Council
The NHCC was established in 1985 by a dozen forward-looking executives of FORTUNE 500 companies. Their goal was to explore the tremendous business potential of the rapidly emerging Hispanic market. These corporate leaders saw an urgent need to develop a Hispanic market information network among major U.S. companies. Thus, the National Hispanic Corporate Council (NHCC) was born.
Today, NHCC is a clearinghouse of Hispanic information on human resources, procurement, community relations, marketing and corporate social responsibility. It offers training, expertise and counsel in these areas, for its membership, comprised of FORTUNE 1000 and S&P 500 companies.
NHCC is a non-profit organization whose purpose is to provide its member corporations with the resources, market intelligence, collective expertise, education and counsel to implement proven strategies for reaching the Hispanic community externally and leveraging Hispanic talent internally.
To be corporate America’s premier resource on effectively maximizing the diversity of the Hispanic Market opportunity through marketing, community relations, human resources, and procurement within the foundation of corporate social responsibility.
Under general direction of the President/CEO performs work that encompasses the administrative function of the organization in addition to conference planning/execution, and communications in support of the National Hispanic Corporate Council mission. The Vice President is responsible for the coordination of strategic and special projects at the direction of the President/CEO and Board of Directors. Job focus is to direct, pursue and achieve tactical or strategic objectives and help establish operational programs or processes for the efficient and productive operation of the organization.
Includes the following:
- Responsible for marketing, member communications and development/fund-raising.
- Oversees and coordinates special projects at the direction of the President/CEO or Board of Directors.
- Provides principal administrative support to President/CEO.
- Assists Board and/or provides staff support to Board members and Education, Marketing and Membership Committees and their respective initiatives.
- Responsible for various administrative operations of NHCC including human resources functions, office management/office services, purchasing, data bases, correspondence and day-to- day operations and oversight.
- Responsible for human resources activities including job descriptions, postings, staff recruitment, training and development and evaluation of NHCC staff.
- Works with the President/CEO, Treasurer and accountant on budget planning, preparation and analysis for marketing, communication and fundraising projects.
- May fill in for President/CEO in his/her absence.
- Acts as a liaison between the NHCC and association members.
- Oversees and/or handles writing, editing or production of written communication to members, potential members, external parties, media news releases and conference/Think Tank books.
1555 Wilson Blvd., Suite 510 • Arlington, VA 22209 • 703-807-5137 • Fax 608-646-0748 • www.nhcchq.org
Job Announcement – NHCC Vice President Page 2
Essential Functions: (continued)
- Works with the Marketing Committee to provide data and/or coordinate on-line/web page activities.
- Responsible for the development and execution of marketing plans in various media including direct mail, web based and electronic communications.
- Responsible for logistical planning, management and execution of NHCC member meetings conferences and board retreat throughout the year. Assists and coordinates the logistics for NHCC Webinars and Call & Learn conference calls.
- Works with Membership Committee and in areas related to marketing and servicing of membership recruitment and retention.
- Works with Education Committee and consultants to support member meeting and Think Tank requirements and deliverables.
- Supervises staff that administers information on membership products and services; and dues generation and collection.
- Manages customer service aspects of NHCC staff regarding inquiries from members, potential members and external parties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Knowledge of corporation and non-profit administration.
- Knowledge of association administrative functions.
- Knowledge of developments in business, Fortune 1000 companies and local Hispanic organizations.
- Knowledge of regulatory and tax requirements for non-profit organization.
- Knowledge of budget planning and preparation.
- Knowledge and experience in fundraising/grant request/membership solicitation.
- Knowledge and experience in event planning.
- Knowledge of media communications and public affairs.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to oversee the preparation of articles, brochures, collateral material, conference books and newsletters on a wide variety of subjects using original or innovative techniques or style.
- Ability to represent the organization in a professional and knowledgeable manner with internal and external constituents.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to set priorities and supervise work flow to maximize resources of the organization.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to work independently and display creativity, exercise sound judgment, demonstrate initiative.
- Ability to travel to member meetings and national Hispanic conferences.
- Significant computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, PowerPoint, media applications,
graphic design and print production.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: A degree with a minimum of 5 years corporate experience at a manager level or above and at least 2 years of non-profit experience at a Director level or above. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred, but not required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Degree with a minimum of 5 years of work in a corporate environment in a managerial capacity and experience in developing successful membership drives and fund raising, and administering grant proposals. Must possess strong organizational and strategic planning skills, achieve stated revenue goals and able to meet deadlines. The successful candidate must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision have excellent written and oral communication and strong interpersonal and management skills.
Benefits: Kaiser Permanente health insurance for employee only after completion of provisional period; Paid Time Off (PTO) after completion of 1 year of employment; eleven (11) paid holidays and paid parking at NHCC’s parking facility.
NHCC is an equal opportunity employer. Please contact Helen Trinidad at 703-807-5137 for additional information. Interested persons may mail their resume, with cover letter, to Helen Trinidad, NHCC, 1555 Wilson Blvd., Suite 510, Arlington, VA 22209, fax 703-842-7924, or email [email protected].