Fulfill the Dream that’s Close to Your Heart
During Hispanic Heritage Month, the American Heart Association’s Go Red Por Tu Corazón movement and its national sponsor, Macy’s, launches the Go Red™ Multicultural Scholarship Fund. The scholarship directly addresses important gaps in treatment that can lead to heart health disparities among Hispanic women.
The scholarship program places medical and nursing school within the reach of deserving racial and ethnic female candidates and increases cultural competence in the healthcare workforce.
The Scholarship Fund will award 16 scholarships of $2,500 each ($40,000 total) to qualifying applicants.
Apply Today – Deadline is Nov. 30, 2011
To qualify, you must be:
- Female of Hispanic, African-American, Asian/Pacific Islander or American Indian/Alaskan Native heritage
- A U.S. citizen/permanent resident of the U.S.
- Attending an accredited college or university in the U.S.
- Currently in your freshman or sophomore year
- Pursuing a career in healthcare (nursing, biology, etc.)
- Have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
Read more in our Frequently Asked Questions document.
Apply online at GoRedCorazon.org/GoRedScholarship (in English only).
Deadline for applications is Nov. 30, 2011.