Latino Trendsetters Honored in NYC [GALLERY]
On Tuesday, November 29, 2011 the 10th Annual Latino Trendsetters Awards recognized the accomplishments of outstanding trailblazers and executives from the Hispanic community at a ceremony and presentation in New York City.
Telemundo 47 Jorge Ramos and Univision’s Nilda Rosario emceed the evening, attended by more than 200 leaders in business, education, philanthropy, technology and the arts. Honorees for this year’s event hail from an array of companies including Pepsi-Cola, Time Inc., Morgan Stanley and the National Super Market Association. Legendary salsa music star, Jose Alberto “El Canario” and his ten-piece orchestra electrified the crowd with an encore performance.
Sponsors and supporters of the 10th Annual Latino Trendsetters Awards include co-sponsors Ford Motor Company and Time Warner Cable and associate sponsors Delta Airlines and Coors Light. 100 Hispanic Women, a New York based women’s empowerment group, presented scholarships to students who have displayed exemplary accomplishments in education and community.
2011 Latino Trendsetters Honorees:
- Ada Rodriguez, Chief Marketing Officer of Health Plus
- Alejandra Castillo, Esq., National Deputy Director of the Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA)
- April Lee Hernandez, actress & activist
- Cesar Beltrán, Vice President of IT (East Region) at Time Warner Cable
- David Corona, President of the National Supermarket Association
- Dr. Luz Adriana Matiz, M.D., Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at Columbia University & Medical Director of Washington Heights Family Care Center.
- Henry Rubio, Principal of A. Philip Randolph High School
- Ivette Fernandez, Director of Community Affairs News Corporation
- Javier Far fan, Director of Cultural Branding at Pepsi-Cola
- Joe Torres (“Tempo” on WABC-TV)
- Jorge Luis Cacheiro, Chairman of the Dyson College of Arts & Sciences Performing Arts Dept. at Pace University
- Liliana Gil, Co-Founder & Managing Partner of the XL Alliance
- Monique Manso, Publisher People En Español
- Paloma Izquierdo-Hernandez, President/CEO of Urban Health Plan, Inc.
- Paula Otero, Brand Manager, Amway Hispanic Brand Marketing North America
- Rosa Ramos-Kwok, Managing Director of Morgan Stanley
- Sergio Fernandez de Cordova, Founder of Fuel Outdoor
- Tom Lamas News Anchor WNBC-TV Channel 4
For a complete list of finalists by category, visit: http://www.latinotrendsetter.com
[flagallery gid=20 name=”2011 Trendsetter Awards”]