JOB ALERT: Sales Trade Marketing Manager, Mojave Foods Corporation
(This job was posted on July 25, 2013)
Mojave Foods Corporation, a subsidiary of McCormick & Company, Incorporated and nationwide manufacturer & distributor of Hispanic Consumer Products is seeking a full time Sales Trade Marketing Manager located primarily at 6200 E. Slauson Ave in Commerce, CA. This person will report to the Director of Sales.
The Trade Marketing Manager is a key member of the Mojave business development team and will partner with the Mojave Sales Team. This individual will work closely with the McCormick brand marketing, market research and cross-functional team members to identify incremental new product platforms to solve unmet consumer needs. Working within the defined Innovation strategic framework, this person leads white space exploratories, fills the pipeline and commercializes winning concept ideas while ensuring the fit within the Mojave brand portfolio. This person works closely with a cross-functional team as well as key customers and ensures buy-in at all levels of the organization.
1. For identified strategic platforms, identify consumer targets, consumer insights and new product concept ideas to meet consumers’ needs.
2. Work closely with Sales Planning Analyst to identify & execute appropriate learning plans.
3. Liaison with the Demand Planner to validate and refine forecast to ensure customer service needs are met; includes working with Marketing and Supply Chain via the S&OP process and managing the inventory and production needs, as necessary.
4. Manage trade and promotional fund and budget responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Passion for marketing and sales and previous success achieving results required
- Strong financial acumen
- Outstanding/proactive communication skills both written/verbal
- Demonstrated significant and relevant skills and results in consumer packaged goods marketing
- Ability to set strategic direction and handle complexity required
- Ability to work well in a team environment required- including the ability to anticipate and deliver what the team needs is required
- Ability to be self-motivated, possess excellent communication and organization skills, project a professional image, and interact effectively with all levels within the organization required
- 2 years direct customer interface and sales plan execution required
- 2 years of shopper marketing experience required
- 7 years trade and customer experience in Sales and/or Marketing required
- Expertise in syndicated databases, market research, business and brand planning, advertising, finance, promotional
- Strong project leadership experience with demonstrated success in managing multiple projects and P&L’s
- Ability to lead projects that support both Marketing and Sales objectives.
- Ability to identifiy and lead processes and continuous improvement initiatives
- Strong leadership, performance management & coaching skills required
- Supervisory responsibility of Sales Analyst. Responsible for performance management and development.
- Coaching and mentoring various cross-functional team members
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Power Point, and Word required
- Ability to travel several times per year.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Management or related field required.
2. MBA Preferred.
3. 3 years brand marketing experience required.
4. 3 years experience launching new products required.
5. SKU rationalization experience required.
6. 3 years’ experience working in a Consumer Goods environment (Food) required. Hispanic Market experience strongly preferred.
McCormick Employment Center