The following Job Alert was posted on Monday, November 12, 2012 on behalf of the National Trust for Historic Preservation
Public Affairs Manager for Blogger Outreach
National Trust for Historic Preservation
Help save places that matter to our communities. The National Trust for Historic Preservation works to inspire people from all walks of life to save the places where history happened. We take direct on-the-ground action when historic buildings and sites are threatened, helping to build vibrant, sustainable communities and striving to create a cultural legacy as diverse as the nation itself, so that all of us can take pride in our part of the American story.
The National Trust is currently seeking an English/Spanish bi-lingual, early-career media relations professional to lead our outreach to on-line and traditional media, pitching story ideas and building relationships for content sharing, advocacy, and promotion of the National Trust’s work, especially to Latino and other culturally diverse audiences.
- Manage outreach to bloggers across the country to reach local preservationists and promote the campaigns of the National Trust including establishing content sharing relationships.
- Monitor and manage National Trust social channels under the direction of Associate Director of Social Media.
- Write and edit press releases and pitch story ideas to traditional and online media
- Support National Treasures work, particularly building visibility of this campaign within the Latino community.
- Use Radian 6 and other online media tracking services as needed to provide general and/or project-level statistics and analysis.
- Participate actively as a brand ambassador for the National Trust on personal social channels.
- Six -eight years of experience working in communications and public affairs setting for a nonprofit or a PR agency
- Demonstrated success with cultivating bloggers and journalists and placing stories
- Comfortable with navigating the online/social media world
- Experience in outreach to culturally and ethnically diverse audiences, constituents and partners, particularly within the Latino community.
- Strong writing, communications and interpersonal skills
- Experience managing multiple projects and meeting time sensitive deadlines
- Experience in working in cross functional teams
- Ability to think creatively and manage projects
- Undergraduate degree in journalism, communications, public affairs or related discipline
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish), with ability to speak, read and write in Spanish is strongly preferred