The following Job Alert was posted on behalf of Porter Novelli – Los Angeles on September 21, 2010. If you would like to use our Hispanic Market Jobs service to post multicultural public relations and/or social media marketing jobs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at 305.321.5002. To learn about our job alert service click here.
Porter Novelli has an immediate need for a bilingual, bi-cultural Account Executive in the consumer group of our Los Angeles office. Account Executives are expected to play an active role in coordinating and implementing daily account activities on behalf of the client.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and execute client activities in a timely, efficient and high quality manner under the direction of an Account Supervisor or higher-level supervisor.
- Keep client programs on track and ensure deadlines are met.
- Develop and edit written materials and translations (Spanish – English) including press releases, new business materials and general client correspondence.
- Serve as key contact with Southern California Hispanic media, key opinion leaders and community organizations.
- Ensure client programs are relevant to the Hispanic community.
- Provide Hispanic insight into the development of client programs.
- Execute Hispanic media relations efforts including media list development, pitching and developing strong ongoing relationships with Hispanic media.
- Support general market activities.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong understanding of public relations concepts, tactics and Hispanic media and blogger relations.
- Strong written and verbal bilingual skills (Spanish – English).
- Exhibit independence and autonomy with respect to their responsibilities and a deep understanding of the clients, accounts and Hispanic marketing industry.
- Demonstrates social and digital media enthusiasm and delivers innovative ways to leverage the latest trends and platforms – particularly to the Hispanic market.
- Ability to write press releases, collateral materials, business memos, activity reports and factual components of plans in a timely manner.
- Solid client relationship and critical thinking skills.
- Confident style in communicating with clients, and a proven ability to effectively organize and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work well with others in both team and independent environments, as well as motivate junior staff.
- Positive, professional, and flexible attitude that lends itself to quality client service.
Work Experience and Education
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience, some agency experience required.
- Well-rounded with Hispanic public relations experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Preferably in Communications, Journalism, English or other PR related discipline.
Only candidates that meet the criteria will be contacted.
Please apply online at http://careers.porternovelli.com.