The following Job Alert was posted on Friday, April 19, 2013
Senior Media Manager, Multicultural
The Chicago office of GolinHarris seeks a talented Senior Manager-level media relations professional, a go-getter who can become part of our growing Multicultural practice.
This candidate would have somewhere between 5 and 8 years of traditional and social media experience, as well as experience in consumer media relations and Hispanic PR programs. We also expect this team member to be fully bilingual in English and Spanish – spoken and written- , have a strong interest and an understanding of the Hispanic Consumer Market (HCM) and experience working with general market and Hispanic media, as well as through social media channels.
En otras palabras, estamos buscando un nuevo miembro del equipo que sea motivado y que le encante conectar tanto con periodistas como con consumidores para así contribuir al éxito de nuestro clientes y sus marcas!
Media savvy, solid pitch writer, strong team leader, curious, informed, convincing, news junkie, lives online, trend watcher, nimble, persistent, creative and has a great attitude.
- Establish and drive media strategy and target media for Hispanic PR campaigns, events or pitch
- Provide client/spokesperson media training in English and Spanish
- Collaborate with account leads on thought leadership, trend and brand media strategies
- Experience and success working on and interacting with Fortune 500 brands with local and national general market and Hispanic media contacts is a plus
- Lead multiple projects at one time and ensure work meets budget requirements
- Serve as a supervisor, role model and mentor to other team members
- Be an active member of the growing Multicultural practice
- Advise clients and agency teams on the changing nature of today’s media landscape
- Pitch and successfully place stories that drive business results with clients’ top-tier and other media, and influence consumers – owning Tier 1 Hispanic media and top media influencers
- Establish strong working and lasting relationships with key media and influencers, in both primarily for Hispanic market, but also general market
- Maintain a thorough understanding of client’s business and industry, and understand how to translate that knowledge into solid media relations and social media content to different levels of client contacts.
- Draft media relations materials and social media content from English to Spanish; proof and edit client related documents as needed
- Combine digital, social and media knowledge to secure client placements as news is happening
- Help provide input to strategic direction during program implementation. Other qualifications include superior client service, team leadership, and superior writing abilities.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, and media monitoring, tracking and reporting tools, such as Cision, Tweetdeck and Radian 6. Expert in AP style – English and Spanish.
GolinHarris, part of The Interpublic Group of Companies (NYSE: IPG), is one of the largest global strategic communication and public relations firm with nearly 1,000 professionals in 39 offices around the world. For more than 50 years, GolinHarris has helped build, shape and reinvigorate some of the greatest brands including McDonald’s, Unilever, Toyota and Nintendo of America.
We’re an award-winning agency who’s shaping the way agencies work with clients. Our G4 model allows our employees to follow their passion while providing the best service and results for our clients. What really makes GolinHarris special is our people-centered and client-driven culture. We are proud of the friendly, collaborative environment that exists across our offices.
The agency was awarded the Gold Medal in PRWeek’s 2012 Global Agency Report Card and named an Advertising Age A-List Agency to Watch in 2011. Additional information can be found at www.golinharris.com.
Major agency awards include:
2012 PRWeek Awards | International Consultancy of the Year
2012 PRCA | Large Agency of the Year
2012 PRWeek Awards | PR Innovation of the Year: The Bridge: Holistic Engagement Studios
2012 Silver SABRE | PR Service of the Year: The Bridge: Holistic Engagement Studios
2012 Silver SABRE | PR Agency Marketing: AFTF and PREVOLVE
2012 Los Angeles Best Places to Work
GolinHarris is an equal opportunity employer, and we are very proud of our diverse culture and our people. EEO/AA.M/F/D/V