Location: This position may be based in Washington, DC; Los Angeles, CA or NY, NY * Fluency is Spanish language is required for this position
Purpose: Manages SEIU division communications and media work to support priorities for growth, to involve members and the public in achieving those growth goals, and to brand SEIU as the national and international union within the industry.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: (Any one position may not include all of the specific duties and responsibilities listed. Examples provide a general summary of the work required and should not be treated as a total and complete list of expected duties to be performed by employees in the classification.)
- Manages strategy and implementation of division communications.
- Manages creation of division communications content.
- Manages message development and work of pollsters.
- Manages communications strategy for division growth and political/legislative/advocacy campaigns.
- Manages communications with members of the division.
- Manages communications with potential members of the division.
- Manages external media relations strategy and implementation.
- Provides spokesperson training for local leaders and members.
- Manages speech writing and other visibility work for leadership.
- Serves as a key contact for communications with allies and partners.
- Manages campaign event communications – strategy, message, look and feel, materials, marketing, media outreach, event flow and agenda.
- Directly supervises individuals on division communications team, including those in field campaigns.
- Oversees work of communicators within locals in the division to ensure high quality standards, best practices, and consistency of message.
- Helps division identify locals that need to increase communications capacity to carry out division priorities.
- Assists Director of Communications Training and Capacity in …
- Developing plans for local union communications staff development.
- Providing training for local communicators.
- Recruiting local staff, and assisting local with evaluating and hiring candidates.
- Ensuring high quality standards and best practices in all division, campaign, and member communications.
Direction and Decision Making: Reports to the Assistant Director of Communications and works with extreme independence.
Education and Experience: Bachelors degree in communications or related field. Five to eight years of related work experience. Applicants must be able to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Experience developing and implementing strategy on a wide range of campaigns, including organizing, contract, political, and legislative, as well as experience working with community allies.
- Thorough knowledge of media relations strategies.
- Thorough knowledge of electronic and print media systems. Knowledge of advertising techniques and familiarity with all aspects of literature, audiovisual, and online production process required.
- Excellent writing, verbal, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to continuously develop knowledge and skills related to use of rapidly changing technology.
- Knowledge of unions or other advocacy organizations.
- Fluency is Spanish language is required for this position
- Skill in the use of personal computer including Microsoft Office Suite.
SEIU is an Equal Opportunity Employer Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/7h42ndc