PRSA announced the 2013 Silver Anvil Award finalists last Friday in New York and JElena Group won for its “Wells Fargo Hispanic Customer Financial Education Campaign”
“Each Silver Anvil finalist is representative of the true value of public relations to business and society,” said PRSA 2013 Chair and CEO Mickey G. Nall, APR, Fellow PRSA. “These are campaigns that have moved the needle in terms of achieving measurable behavioral and attitudinal outcomes in support of overall business goals and strategies, and that have served the public good in support of cancer awareness, health and wellness and countless other worthwhile causes.”
Regarding the Wells Fargo campaign, JElena Group and Wells Fargo took action by developing a campaign that would educate and share vital financial education information with the Hispanic community through broad communication channels, including the media. Financial Education Objectives:
- Provide free and in-language financial education and practical/realistic tips to help Hispanic communities succeed financially.
- Demonstrate and underscore Wells Fargo’s commitment to helping Hispanic communities achieve financial success.
- Create in-language and culturally relevant financial education messages and tips to media and consumers around home ownership, remittances, student loans, credit and small business.
- Collaborate with community partners and Wells Fargo spokespeople to deliver reliable and credible financial education messages.
- Work with Hispanic media outlets at a national and regional level to understand what financial education information would help their local communities
Jennifer Elena is the president and founder of JElena Group, a Washington D.C.-based public relations agency specializing in developing consumer education and communications outreach campaigns.
Elena leads the team in strategy development for business-driven public relations campaigns. She has more than 12 years of experience and has worked with fortune 20 companies, national associations, federal agencies and non-profit organizations.