Cablevision’s iO en espanol Package Adds More Spanish Language Programming
This New iO International Package Features Cuba Play, The Puerto Rico Network, SUR PERU, Discovery Familia, Multimedios, Cbeebies, Vme Kids, Latin American Sports, and Semilitas
Cablevision Systems Corporation has launched a new iO en espanol programming package that includes 45 Spanish-language channels and more content from Puerto Rico, Cuba and Peru. This new package brings customers across Cablevision’s Tri-State service area even more Spanish-language news and entertainment than ever before.
iO en espanol features a broad spectrum of television programming from the most recognized Spanish-language channels around the world including sports, news, telenovelas, documentaries, movies and entertainment with beloved global celebrities and stars. iO en espanol also includes more than 100 hours per month of On Demand programming at no additional charge, allowing customers to watch a wide variety of popular movies and shows at their convenience.
“iO en espanol is one of our most popular and comprehensive international offerings, and this new expanded package delivers even more great content, demonstrating our continued commitment to providing the best value and services to our customers,” said Bradley Feldman, Cablevision’s vice president, video product management. “With 45 Spanish-language channels, iO en espanol offers a full array of local news and entertainment programming from a diverse collection of countries. We are proud of what we have been able to build and offer to our customers, with iO en espanol.”
New channels in the new iO en espanol TV package include:
- Cbeebies — An educational, interactive and entertaining preschool channel from the BBC, with a high quality programming mix including animation, storytelling, puppets and live action, engaging children in a fun “learn through play” experience.
- Cuba Play — Features 100% original Cuban-produced television programming, never before seen in the U.S., including sports, movies, documentaries, children’s programming, telenovelas and comedy.
- Discovery Familia — Discovery Kids, available during the day, provides an entertaining and educational experience for preschoolers. At night Discovery Familia has shows for the whole family on topics from cooking and home improvement, to parenting and relationships, to beauty and health.
- LAS (Latin American Sports) — Brings Puerto Rican and U.S. sports fans local coverage of the most popular sports from Puerto Rico, Cuba and Mexico. Live matches, and exclusive programming includes Puerto Rican Base Ball League, The National Superior Basketball and Volleyball, from Mexico the LMP Mexican Pacific Base Ball League and Cuban Baseball League, MX Promotion Soccer, wrestling, boxing, and more 24 hours daily.
- Multimedios — TV shows directly from Mexico for the entire family, including children’s, women’s, reality, game shows, music, sports and news.
- Puerto Rico Network — Offers premium programming for the whole family. A diverse schedule includes special events and sports exclusives, as well as news, culture, variety, lifestyle, original documentaries and miniseries.
- Semilitas — “Totally en Espanol” for toddlers and preschoolers, Semilitas helps parents preserve language and cultural Hispanic values with exclusive, educational and entertaining content.
- SUR PERU — the first channel with Peruvian programming from top Peruvian channels, including America TV, Frecuencia Latina, PAX Television, Peru TV and TV UNSA.
- Vme Kids — Provides the best of worldwide children’s entertainment with favorite, familiar friends in a trusted environment for parents and caregivers.
The iO en espanol package also includes: