LOS ANGELES, CA – The Center for Hispanic Leadership (CHL), in partnership with IBM, will co-host a free webcast on July 29, 2010 at 10:00 am PST / 1:00 pm EST – that will address the key issues surrounding the nation’s next 24 months. Specifically, the war for talent and its role in today’s brave new workplace.
With the recent announcement of the Monetary Policy Report by Chairman of the Federal Reserve, Ben Bernanke, who reported a slow economic recovery, the role of talent and productivity in the workplace represents a critical component of an accelerated renewal and reinvention of the economic development rebound.
Luis Cuneo, Marketing Executive for IBM will lead the discussion alongside:
- Glenn Llopis – Founder and CEO, Center for Hispanic Leadership, Institute for Talent Development
- Andrea White – Chief Privacy Officer, Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.
- Andrés Tapia – Chief Diversity Officer and Emerging Workforce Solutions Leader, Hewitt Associates
“Organizations have been forced to redefine their leadership roles, growth objectives, brand identities and relationships with their partners, clients, customers and employees,” says Llopis. “These activities have impacted the manner in which businesses think about the war for talent in the workplace and the need to renew methods to most optimally utilize and develop talent. Corporations’ approach in how they develop talent from a leadership, ethics and value and inclusion standpoint will play a key role in redefining the roadmap for the country’s financial recovery and workplace innovation.”
The webcast will address several issues that will include (but will not be limited to) the following:
- As workplace cultures and employees seek trust, empowerment and transparency, what role does this play in the war for talent?
- What role does the entrepreneurial spirit play in propelling greater innovation in the workplace and what are the talent development program requirements?
- How does the role of diversity and generational influence change the way talent is evaluated and developed to optimally secure a workplace culture that is sustainable and profitable?
To sign-up for this free webcast, go to: