HPRA Miami & UM School of Communication to Host Panel on 2016 Elections
Countdown to Decision 2016′
- Are Hispanics doomed to abdicate their democratic right, or are we finally beginning to flex our political muscle?
- Is the issue of immigration exaggerated and far outweighed by more universally
paragraph writing made easy pdfdefinition of research paper pdfhttp://oldwestfestival.com/nursing-shortage-essay-outline/http://casapanayotti.com/weixe/write-an-essay-about-hoperesearch paper topics on neural networks
relevant themes such as the economy, jobs and national security.
- What are the challenges political parties as well as candidates face in appealing to a diverse range of Hispanic cultures and generations?
- Are we entering a new era of divisive rhetoric as opposed to candidates of the past that aimed to unite everyone behind one common theme?
- How are the tools and tactics being employed by the media to cover the election affecting engagement with the Hispanic community and the electorate at large?
- How has Jorge Ramos and the larger topic of “advocacy journalism” embodied by MSNBC and FOX News changed the way we look at the role of a journalist?
- What are some of the most important issues occurring south of the border that will affect our election to the north?
- How much will the new relationship with Cuba impact the vote in 2016?
When: November 3, 2015 6:00-8:00 p.m. Where: The Loft at University of Miami’s Toppel Career Center
5225 Ponce De Leon Blvd.Coral Gables, FL 33146
Cost: $15.00 per person RSVP here.