Expanding its reach and membership offerings from coast to coast, the Hispanic Public Relations Association (HPRA), today officially announced the first national board of directors, marking the launch of a national entity.
HPRA was founded in 1984 in Los Angeles and has become the country’s leading Latino PR professional association, active nationally with its annual PRemio Campaign of the Year Awards, and with a growing Los Angeles and New York Chapter and more chapters in the process of formation. The new national board and entity provides a platform for continuous growth for the programs and activities that had been growing organically.
“We were compelled to stretch from coast to coast to provide more assets to our members,” explained the new HPRA National President Oralia Michel, owner of Omagen, Inc. “The new board is committed to augmenting resources for our members to keep practitioners competitive and at the top of their game. Our members also have a wealth of knowledge and expertise in the Hispanic marketing space and are poised to provide thought leadership as the industry continues to expand and evolve.”
HPRA National Board Members include:
- President: Oralia Michel, President, Omagen Inc.
- Vice President/President Elect: David Henry, President, TeleNoticias, LLC / NovoMedia, LLC
- Vice President National Chapters: Stephen Chavez, President, Chavez Marketing & Communications, Founder of LatinoFoodie Blog
- Vice President Programs: Lourdes Rodriguez, Account Supervisor, VPE Public Relations
- Secretary: Delia Lopez, HPRA L.A. Chapter President and Communications Consultant
- Treasurer: Mario Flores, Partner and Managing Director, Sportivo
- At large: John Echeveste, Partner, VPE Public Relations
- At large: Melissa Smith, Executive Vice President, RLPR
From professional development to raising money for scholarships, HPRA National will closely work with the local chapters to ensure success and add value to members. We are also excited to announce that Hispanic PR Chat (known as HPRChat), originating from New York chapter Board Member Andy Checo, will become the official twitter chat forum of HPRA. HPRChat offers members of chapters across the nation an opportunity to engage on a constant basis around topics of interest and participate in moderated forums.
For more information on HPRA and to become a member, visit the website at www.hpra-usa.org, like them on Facebook/HPRA USA and follow them on Twitter @HPRAusa.