Hispanicize unveils winners of 2015 Positive Impact Awards
Hispanicize 2015 organizers today announced the winners of the Positive Impact Awards, a national program sponsored by 3M that recognizes outstanding Latinos who contribute selflessly to improving their communities.
This year’s list of winners highlights everyday people who are making extraordinary efforts to champion children and the elderly, propel the growth of STEM-related careers, innovate in public education, empower young women, and lend support and resources to those in need.
“The collaboration, sharing and dedication that is demonstrated by each of these individuals makes them a shining example of what it means to live life in service of others,” said Hispanicize Event founder and creative director Manny Ruiz. “The time and effort that many people dedicated to nominating these individuals is a testament to the amazing work that is being done in our communities across the nation.”
The winners of the 2015 Positive Impact Awards are:
(Click links for full nominations on each candidate)
- Daniel King, Superintendent Pharr Independent School District, Pharr, Texas, is an innovator in public education.
- Karina Andrea Quintana, Florida International University Engineering Student, Miami Springs, Fla., advances the growth of science, technology, engineering and math careers by reaching out to other students.
- Alicia Rascon & Laura Donnelly, Founders of Latinitas, – Austin and El Paso, Texas, empower young women using technology as a tool to discuss issues.
- Nora Sandigo, Foster Parent, Miami, Fla., lends support and provides resources to the community.
- Irene Martinez Jordan, Educator and Advocate – Denver, Colo., champions the needs of children and seniors.
“This year’s awardees are truly making a positive impact,” said Stephen Sanchez, global communications manager for 3M. “We hope their stories inspire others to follow in their footsteps.”
Vote for Positive Impact Person of the Year
Beginning February 5, 2015, the public will have the chance to vote between the winners for Positive Impact Person of the Year. The winning nominee will be announced during the Positive Impact Awards gala, sponsored by 3M, which will take place on March 19, 2015 at 7:00 p.m. at the Intercontinental Miami Hotel. To vote, visit: www.hispanicizeevent.com/pia
The Positive Impact Awards were created in 2013 in honor of the late Louis Pagan, co-founder of Hispanicize and a well-known social media entrepreneur, who passed away suddenly in February 2013. Louis was widely known for his kindness and commitment to giving the community a voice through his vast social media networks. In the same way, the Positive Impact Awards recognize those who contribute selflessly for the betterment of their community.
Sponsorship and Registration Information
Sponsorship information is available by contacting email@example.com or via phone at (203) 364-4779.