A group of 26 journalists announced the formation of the Florida Hispanic Press Association and its first all day conference and luncheon awards ceremony slated for early 2011. The group consists of several membership levels that are created to encompass all those professionals who serve media and the transmission of news, commentary, news features, documentaries, videos and production professionals.
The Purpose of this group:
1. To maintain the highest ethical standards of journalism.
2. To educate through the journalistic process.
3. To promote, hire, maintain and highlight Hispanics in Journalism practiced in
4. To maintain an independence of the process of investigation and reporting.
5. To provide educational forums to: (a) Advance the levels of professionalism through
educational forums and dialog created specifically for the professional journalist.
(b) To encourage and develop the talent of our gifted youth in our community through the
creation of mechanisms of exposure that will encourage Hispanic youth to write and
express themselves through the written word, video expression and graphics.
The Florida Hispanic Press Association has scheduled it’s first conference for *February 11, 2011 *Location: Sheraton Hotel, Downtown Orlando
The Florida Press Association will be fully responsible for the financial arrangements of the Conference. The Operating Committee will develop the program. An Executive Operating Committee will be named through volunteers based upon time availability to work on the event program. There will be a monthly meeting. There will be weekly meetings re: conference calls or actual face to face based upon availability of operating committee members. A student coordinator will be appointed to contact and arrange for students to attend conference and a continuing mentoring program.
The organization’s Operating Committee consists of:
– Orlando Rodriguez, Writer Artefacto S
– Herfel Torres, Bratva Film Group Orlando
– Carlos Borges, Brazilian Times, Ft. Lauderdale
– Danny Ramos, Host Lisa M. Pietri, Admin/Co-Host Bright House Networks, CH 49 Hispanics SpeakOut TV
– Sandra Carrasquillo, Clear Channel, News Reporter “Mujer de Hoy”- WPRD 1440 AM
– Jesenia Toribio, El Sol de la Florida Newspaper
– Magda Ivette, News Analysis
– En Agenda, Latina 1580 AM
– Peter Morales, Epico Magazine
– Duarte Geraldino, Fox News
– Migdalia Fernandez, Journalist
– Paula Beltran, Journalist
– Paula Matos, La Gazeta & The Brazilian Times
– Ruben Funes, La Prensa Orlando
– Juan Carlos Valdez, Marketwire, Miami –NY
– Marta Rojas, Merca2 Magazine, Redred Communications
– Elizabeth Dowell, Mercado Magazine
– Teresa Frontado, Miami Herald
– Binsen J, Photographer
– Fernando Toro, Radio Host
– Anthony Suarez, Esq. “I Need to Know”-La Grande 1030AM
– Jose Miranda, “Yo Soy Latino”-WEUS 810 AM
– Claribel Collazo, Telemundo
– Homan Machuca, Telemundo
– Tico Perez, Telemundo
– Jackie Mendez, Tu Revista Mujer
– Abdiel Gomez, Univisión
One thought on “Florida Hispanic Press Association Launched; announce conference for 2011”
Amigos Hispanos en la Florida.
Toda acción en pro del desarrollo Social, Cultural y Educativo del individuo da cumplimiento a la Misión de hermandad y enaltece la labor del Periodismo.
Una conferencia con unos expositores “De lujo”. Augurándoles, como lo será, muchos éxitos para esta y todas las actividades que desarrollen; gracias por la invitación, espero asistir.
Guillermo Velandia Forero. Bogotá, Colombia.