Coors Light has launched a public call for nominations for its national Líderes program, which empowers up-and-coming Latino leaders to go further.
Twelve individuals from the pool of nominees will be chosen to participate in the 2014 Coors Light Líderes program. The 12 Líderes will be announced during Hispanic Heritage Month (Sept. 15- Oct.15), when the public will have the opportunity to vote for the 2014 Líder of the Year. The Coors Light Líder of the Year will receive a $25,000 grant to develop a leadership project benefiting Latinos in his/her community.
“We are eager to kick off our 2014 program and learn about Latino leaders across the country who are passionate about bettering their communities,” says Alberto Senior, community commerce and partnerships manager for MillerCoors. “Coors Light is proud to empower and shine a light on those hard working individuals who are making a positive impact.”
The general public can nominate a candidate at CoorsLightLideres.com, until June 5, 2014. The criteria for nominations are:
- The nominee must be:
- Of Hispanic descent, between the ages of 21 and 39 years old and associated with a 501c3 nonprofit (staff or volunteer).
- A person in good standing in the community who represents the values of the community he/she serves as evidenced by recognition from a local organization, media outlet or other form of public community support.
- An emerging community leader who through his/her words and actions exemplifies leadership and who works toward establishing noteworthy improvement in the lives of individuals, communities and organizations.
- Nominees must actively participate in initiatives that involve leadership development, environmental stewardship, economic development, alcohol responsibility, education or mentoring within their nonprofit.
- Nominees must not have any history of alcohol-related incidents, such as driving while intoxicated.
- Nonprofits and the public can nominate a leader. The nonprofit organization the nominee is affiliated with must approve/support the nomination.
- The nominee’s affiliated nonprofit must:
- Be a 501c3 organization with a commitment to ethical business and social practices.
- Have a project or program that specifically benefits the Hispanic community.
- Align with Coors Light corporate social responsibility commitments; and agree to work with Coors Light.
- The leader selected as the Coors Light Líder of the Year will win a grant for his/her nonprofit. The grant must be used as follows:
- Fund a Coors Light-approved community project which would benefit the Hispanic community and is not related to advocacy issues or serves individuals younger than 21 years of age.
- The project will be implemented by the nominee’s nonprofit organization in partnership with Coors Light.
Since 2006, the Líderes program has recognized and highlighted the achievements of emerging Latino leaders through an online public voting competition, a national and local advertising campaign and robust community outreach. This year, Coors Light has partnered with the program to offer enhanced awareness and support in shining a light on Latino community leaders. Join the conversation at www.CoorsLightLideres.com, www.Facebook.com/
Through its diverse collection of storied breweries, MillerCoors brings American beer drinkers an unmatched selection of the highest quality beers steeped in centuries of brewing heritage. Miller Brewing Company and Coors Brewing Company offer domestic favorites such as Coors Light, Miller Lite, Miller High Life and Coors Banquet, as well as innovative new products such as Miller Fortune. Tenth and Blake Beer Company, our craft and import division, offers beers such as Leinenkugel’s Summer Shandy from sixth-generation Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company and Blue Moon Belgian White from modern craft pioneer Blue Moon Brewing Company. Tenth and Blake also operates Crispin Cidery, an artisanal maker of pear and apple ciders using 100 percent fresh-pressed American juice. The company imports world-renowned beers such as Italy’s Peroni, the Czech Republic’s Pilsner Urquell and the Netherlands’ Grolsch. MillerCoors also offers pioneering new brands such as Redd’s Apple Ale, Batch 19 Pre-Prohibition Lager, Third Shift Amber Ale and Smith & Forge Hard Cider. MillerCoors seeks to become America’s best beer company through an uncompromising promise of quality, a keen focus on innovation and a deep commitment to sustainability. MillerCoors is a joint venture of SABMiller plc and Molson Coors Brewing Company.
SOURCE Coors Light