It’s no surprise that the construction and home improvement industry has suffered with the economic downturn. While many industries have experienced an uptick in employment, the construction industry remains in a deep recession with an approximate 20 percent unemployment rate in 2010, according to the Home Performance Resource Center. In fact, as of 2010 there were over 1.7 million unemployed workers whose last job was in construction. Recognizing that Hispanic pros might need an extra hand during these rough times, BehrPro launched a nationwide five-month tour to The Home Depot to present them with products and solutions that can help them grow and improve their businesses even today.
The tour recently concluded nationwide, so I wanted to offer you a quick snapshot of how BehrPro helped Hispanic business owners in the construction industry throughout the country’s top Hispanic markets:
- 324 – number of individual stops the tour made in key Hispanic markets in five months
- 18,284 – number of attendees nationwide, including Hispanic pros in the construction, painting and related industries that participated in demos, networked with industry peers, etc.
- 2,303 – number of product demonstrations
- 214 – number of BehrPro representatives involved
- 1,422 – number of hours invested by the brand
The BehrPro Experience Tour 2011 is just one of the various initiatives launched by the Behr Process Corporation – a leading manufacturer and distributor of paints, primers and related products – to help grow Latino-owned businesses throughout the U.S.