MIAMI, FL – Moctesuma Esparza, the award-winning filmmaker, producer, and entertainment executive will deliver the keynote address at the 6th Annual Multicultural Marketing Summit. The conference will take place October 28-30, 2009 at the Mandarin Oriental hotel in Miami, FL and is designed for business executives who are looking for actionable insights to access fast-growing multicultural markets.
Mr. Esparza is well known for his contributions to the movie industry and his commitment to providing access and opportunities to Latinos in Hollywood. He has received over 150 honors including an Academy Award nomination, an Emmy, a Clio Award, and a Cine Golden Eagle Award. Mr. Esparza acquired the franchise for the first all-Latino-owned cable company, Buenavision Cable Television in East Los Angeles, which he built and operated. Today, in addition to producing films, he is the founder and CEO of Maya Entertainment and Maya Cinemas, a chain of state of the art movie theatre complexes servicing Latino communities across the country. Some of his production credits include:
– Selena featuring Jennifer Lopez
– The Milagro Beanfield War featuring Ruben Blades
– The Ballad of Gregorio Cortez featuring Edward James Olmos
– The Disappearance of Garcia Lorca featuring Dorothy Dandridge and produced for HBO
– Walkout a biographical story of civil rights protest featuring Esparza’s own role, produced for HBO
Mr. Esparza will share his deep and authoritative insights on the evolution of Latinos in the U.S. and their roles in marketing and media.