When the USH Idea Awards set out to look for a new standard in creative innovation in the industry, the call was heard from agencies across the U.S. who submitted their best work in all media, from digital to film. With more than 300 entries received from creative talent in the U.S. Hispanic market, 22 winners were selected representing the best of the field following a rigorous review. In addition, five entries were selected as the best in show in the Top Five Idea awards.
USH Idea Awards winners for the top five creative executions of 2012 include:
- “Volvo in Every Car,” Volvo, La Comunidad
- “Forgot your Password?,” Alzheimer’s Association, Grupo Gallegos
- “Keep it Legendary,” Heineken ,The Vidal Partnership
- “El Spooky Show,” MTV3 / Comedy Central, La Comunidad
- “Maricopa,” Border Action Network, Bravo Group/Y&R
In addition, a total of 14 agencies were selected as winners for outstanding work, including very strong representation of digital and online media. Winners include:
- “Mistakes- Cat, Dog, Duck” (2 awards) – Rosetta Stone
- “Play Today, Illuminate Tomorrow” – State Farm
- “Dress it – Salad” – Hidden Valley Ranch, Alma DDB
- “See Everything” – Leica
- “Maricopa” – Border Action Network, Bravo Group/Y&R
- “Carnicero, Cangrejo” – NotiCreo.com,
- “Jobs” – Honda, Concept Cafe Advertising
- “Trabajo” – Consulado Argentino en LA
- “Burn-Sign-Tire-Wrench” – Toyota
- “The Longest Call Ever” – T-Mobile, Conill
- “Classified” – LULAC, Dieste
- “Forgot your Password?” – Alzheimer’s Association (2 awards);
- “Chancla” – Ortho, Groupo Gallegos
- “Harlistas” – Harley Davidson, La Banda Films
- “Volvo in Every Car” – Volvo
- “El Spooky Show” – MTV3 / Comedy Central, La Comunidad
- “Pedal Painting” – LIVESTRONG Foundation, LatinWorks
- “Paternidad” Chicago Latino Film Festival, Lapiz/Leo Burnett
- “Keep it Legendary” – Heineken (2 awards), The Vidal Partnership
The USH Idea Awards were created to recognize remarkable achievements in creativity by Circulo Creativo in partnership with AHAA. From the criteria established, to the accomplished jury selected to oversee the winner selection, every step was carefully planned to create an award that would elevate the industry to global standards. The Top five awards were selected in a closed-door meeting by a team of renowned international judges that includes advertising icon Hernan Ponce from Ponce Buenos Aires, award-winning creative Jose Montalvo from Ogilvy Mexico, and award-winning creative and partner at Santo, Pablo Minces.
The nine-member jury is rounded out by U.S. Hispanic leaders Luis Miguel Messianu from Alma, Aldo Quevedo from Dieste, Pablo Buffagni and Favio Ucedo from Grupo Gallegos, Mauricio Galvan from Totality, and Gustavo Lauria from The Vidal Partnership and president of Circulo Creativo.
“The fact that our Top Ideas represent work in the Digital and Innovation fields, speaks to how ready our agencies are for the future challenges of our industry,” said Gustavo Lauria, president of Circulo Creativo and the force behind the USH Idea Awards.”We are very proud of the creative level of the award’s results and very grateful for the support and participation of all the agencies and production companies that took part in this first edition.”
“It was an honor to preside over the jury and the USH market should feel very proud based on the outstanding work we reviewed this week. Only the best of the best ideas won, and to have this level of excellence is a great accomplishment and a great promise for what the future holds”, said Hernan Ponce of Ponce Advertising in Buenos Aires.
The USH Idea Awards were presented at a gala marking the end of the AHAA 2012 Annual Conference at the Arsht Center in Miami on May 4th, 2012.
To view the top 5 ideas, visit www.circulocreativo.org . For more information about Circulo Creativo, follow @circulousa on Twitter.