“What Defines Excellence in Latino Blogging and Vlogging” Hundreds of Influencers & Marketers Weigh In
In preparation for the prestigious Tecla Awards program for excellence in blogging, vlogging, digital media and marketing, Hispanicize 2015 hosted the second #TeclaAwards Twitter chat last week. More than 100 marketers from brands and agencies and influencers turned out on Twitter Thursday for the chat titled “What Defines Excellence in Latino Blogging and Vlogging Influencers.” The Twitter chat featured an intense discussion by several national Latino digital influencers and Tecla Award judges. The topics they addressed about Hispanic digital were:
1) What is influence and what makes someone influential?
2) Do you consider yourself an influencer, why?
3) Who are the top three influencers that inspire you?
4) What is your favorite and most effective social media platform and Why? (Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Vine, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+)
5) What tools (if any) do you use to measure influence?
6) Are numbers the only way to measure influence? What are other ways you measure influence?
7) What are three things every blogger/vlogger should do to show professionalism when working with brands/agencies?
8) How do you manage balance between sponsored and personal content?
9) How do you connect with your followers?
10) How do you increase traffic to your site?
11) What is your main goal as a blogger/vlogger for 2015?
Check out a selected transcript below to revisit the questions and some of the more interesting replies. For your convenience, the earliest tweets appear on top, allowing you to scroll.