Vanidades and PODER Hispanic Magazines to Host 8th Annual Hispana Leadership Summit
Vanidades and PODER Hispanic magazines unveiled plans for the 8th annual Hispana Leadership Summit, to be held at the Disney Grand Floridian Resort in Orlando, Florida from September 12-14, 2013 to kick off Hispanic Heritage Month.
The Hispana Leadership Summit (HLS) is a gathering of top Latina leaders and entrepreneurs from around the country who participate in an invigorating selection of career building opportunities to sharpen their skills and expand networks. The three-day summit is designed to support the forward focus of Latina business women with motivational keynotes, inspirational speeches, educational seminars and peer-to-peer coaching sessions from renowned speakers and industry experts.
The 8th installment of the Latina empowerment summit is sure to be the best one yet as Disney comes on board as presenting sponsor of the premier leadership event for female professionals. Located in the heart of the Magic Kingdom, Victorian elegance meets modern sophistication at the lavish Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.
The confirmed 2013 HLS panels and speakers include:
- Balance is Bull$h!t: Summit opener and keynote by best-selling author Lourdes “Luly B.” Carreras-Balepogi, Founder and President of Chispa Marketing and Luly B. Inc.
- Yes, You Can! The Power of Positive Thinking and Assertiveness: Keynote by Cecilia Ramirez Harris, Health Correspondent on Primer Impacto on Univision and host of “Vida Sana con Cecilia.”
- Social Butterflies: The Latina bloggers success stories panel will be moderated by Cristy Clavijo-Kish, founder and co-publisher of Los Tweens & Tweens, Founding Partner, Hispanicize and Latina Mom Bloggers. Panelists include: Elianne Ramos, Principal/CEO for Speak Hispanic Marketing and Vice-Chair Marketing/PR for Latinos in Social Media (LATISM); Ana Flores, founder of Latina Bloggers Connect and co-founder of SpanglishBaby.com; Myrah Duque, founder of CouponMamacita.com and MamacitalaCuponera.com; Migdalia Rivera, founder of LatinaOnAMission.com and founder of Stiletto Media Blogger Network.
- Courageous Leadership: Shared Qualities of Great Leaders: Keynote by Mariela Dabbah, consultant, author, speaker and CEO of the Red Shoe Movement: Women Supporting Women for Career Success. Panel discussion led by Kristina Puga, Web Producer for NBC Latino.
- Brand U! How to Successfully Market… Yourself! Branding session with keynote speaker Patricia G. Beitler, President/Founder and Managing Partner of Velocitas, an interactive marketing firm with locations in Miami, New York and Los Angeles.
- Susan G. Komen Pink Party: Susan G. Komen will open up the Friday morning session with a fun-filled “Pink Party” breakfast. Attendees wear pink to jumpstart their day!
Disney Parks & Resorts will also produce the iconic All White Affair and Latinas of Excellence Awards show on Friday night with show-stopping entertainment, live music and many surprises.