‘Premios Los Angeles’ announces winners of Golden Angel Award
LOS ANGELES – The inaugural edition of “Premios Los Angeles” announced the winners of the coveted Golden Angel award in an exclusive gala packed with the top Latino artists and celebrities who are making a strong imprint in music, radio, television, community, film, and sports.
The winners of the Golden Angel award were selected based on the number of fan votes registered via the show’s official website (www.premioslosangeles.com), as follows:
- Best Pop-Rock – Enrique Bunbury
- Best Regional Mexican Artist – Régulo Caro
- Best “Banda” Artist – La Arrolladora Banda El Limón
- Best Artist Tierra Caliente – El Trono de México
- Best Norteño Artist – Voz De Mando
- Newcomer of the Year – Luis Coronel
- Composer of the Year – Alex Rivera
- Best Altered Movement Artist – Buknas de Culiacán
- Best Los Angeles Underground Artist – Amantes de Sinaloa
- Radio Announcer of the Year – Eddie Sotelo “El Piolín”
- 11. Crossover TV Personality – Elizabeth Espinosa
The evening was hosted last week by artist Aleks Syntek, and featured performances by Luis Coronel, Voz de Mando, Ramón Ayala, and Enrique Bunbury, among others. More than 1,600 guests celebrated the contemporary creative expressions of the artists showcased at The Theater of the Ace Hotel in Los Angeles.
In a touching ceremony, “Premios Los Angeles” recognized Latin legends for their contributions to the cultural fabric of the Latino community, including:
- Julio César Chávez, renowned professional boxer with multiple world championship titles
- Gil Cedillo, committed activist dedicated to empowering change within the community
- Pepe Garza, driving force of Mexican radio and regional music in the United States
- Ramón Ayala, accomplished musician with more than 50 years of trajectory
“We are proud to have created a platform that spotlights and rewards the impressive work that our Latino artists are contributing to the world,” said Humberto Valencia, president of HUMA Productions and creator of the event. “We look forward to continuing to recognize talented Latino artists and leaders through ‘Premios Los Angeles’ in the years to come.”
“Premios Los Angeles” will air in the U.S. on MundoFox and on Ocho TV in 16 Mexican states on Sunday June 1st at 7p.m. PT.
# # #