PR veterans launch the Hispanic PR Blog (HispanicPRBlog.com) and Twitter feed (Twitter.com/HispanicPR), the public relations industry’s definitive source for Hispanic PR news and views
MIAMI, FL (July 7, 2009) – Multicultural PR veterans Manny Ruiz, PR Newswire’s president of multicultural markets and Hispanic PR Wire and Angela Sustaita-Ruiz, president of Hispanic Media Trainers, LLC today launched the Hispanic PR Blog (HispanicPRBlog.com), the industry’s definitive source for Hispanic PR news and views.
“This blog and its accompanying Twitter feed (twitter.com/HispanicPR) fill a growing need for daily news, views and PR market intelligence that isn’t available anywhere else,” said Ruiz, who previously published The Hispanic PR Monitor monthly newsletter, the industry’s first, from 2002 through 2007.
“Our goal is to showcase the work of the Hispanic PR industry by ensuring that our blog is THE open multimedia forum for PR professionals to exchange industry-related insights, news, photos, videos and more,” said Sustaita-Ruiz.
Stories and blog ideas should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Professionals who are interested in becoming regular bloggers for the Hispanic PR Blog should indicate their interest via email. The blog’s RSS feed can be obtained at http://hispanicprblog.com/feed. The RSS feed to the Twitter feed is available at http://twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline/38222941.rss.
The Hispanic PR Blog is requesting content submissions for such sections as:
– PR Campaigns: The scope or assignment for any Hispanic PR or digital marketing campaign should be described in as much detail as possible. Any information and/or photos regarding your Hispanic or multicultural PR spokesperson is also desired.
– Hispanic PR Views: Thought leader pieces are highly desired and should focus on relevant Hispanic PR angles. If anyone desires to become a regular blogger they should notify the publishers via email along with an accompanying bio.
– Hispanic PR Briefs: This section consists of Hispanic account news including agency wins, campaign launches, awards, etc…
– PRSA Diversity News: Submissions for this section should relate to PRSA news items having to do with Diversity PR professionals, events, programs and awards.
– Directory of Hispanic PR Agencies: If you have a PR or marketing agency focused on Hispanic and/or multicultural PR, submit your agency’s name, contact, phone, fax and url for posting to our directory.
– Hispanic Spokesperson Tracker: Content entries should indicate what spokesperson has been hired to represent what brand or organization, the full scope of that representation and the period that the representation will last. This section will be useful for the legions of PR professionals who struggle to keep up with what Latino celebrity spokespersons have done what for whom and when.
– Hiring/Promotions: This section spotlights all Hispanic PR-related hires and promotions regardless of title. Submission should include the name of the hire, education, prior employer, listing of PR responsibilities and photos.
– Hispanic PR Case Studies: Case study submissions will only be posted if they specifically discuss how a project or campaign involved Hispanic PR components.
– Hispanic PR White Papers/Research: These thought leader pieces should provide fresh insights about Hispanic and/or multicultural-related issues that are relevant.
– Hispanic Marketing Events: This section will provide professionals with an ongoing listing of who, what, where, when and why for a wide variety of events that target professionals in the Hispanic or multicultural PR space. All pertinent information about upcoming events must be submitted including cost.
– Hispanic Market Jobs: Although this section focuses on detailed job postings, internship information is also desired.
About the Hispanic PR Blog
Founded by Multicultural PR veterans Manny Ruiz of PR Newswire/Hispanic PR Wire and Angela Sustaita-Ruiz of Hispanic Media Trainers, LLC, the Hispanic PR Blog (HispanicPRBlog.com) is the PR industry’s premier source for news and views related to Hispanic and multicultural PR. The blog and its accompanying Twitter feed (Twitter.com/HispanicPR) regularly feature columns, stories, white papers, job postings, calendar events and more. The blog’s RSS feed can be obtained at http://hispanicprblog.com/feed. The RSS feed to the Twitter feed is available at http://twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline/38222941.rss. The Hispanic PR Blog also features its own news icon for iPhones. To add it to your iPhone, simply bookmark the home page of the blog on your iPhone.
About Manny Ruiz
Manny Ruiz is co-publisher of the Hispanic PR Blog and President of Multicultural Markets and Hispanic PR Wire for PR Newswire. Prior to PR Newswire’s acquisition of Hispanic PR Wire, Hispanic Digital Network and LatinClips, Ruiz was Chairman and CEO of HispaniMark, the parent company of these three businesses.
Ruiz is the immediate past co-chair of the Public Relations Society of America’s national Diversity Committee and a former board member of the PRSA Miami Chapter. Prior to launching Hispanic PR Wire in 2000, Ruiz was a founder and media relations director of the National Hispanic Market Practice of Porter Novelli. While at Porter Novelli, Ruiz played a central role in the teen anti-smoking campaign “truth” that for two consecutive years swept all of the PR industry’s most coveted awards including the PRSA Silver Anvil Award of Excellence and the PR Week Health Campaign of the Year.
About Angela Sustaita-Ruiz
Angela is the co-publisher of The Hispanic PR Blog and president of Hispanic Media Trainers, LLC. Prior to founding Hispanic Media Trainers, Angela worked as a public relations and marketing consultant for a variety of clients including: Unilever, Burger King, Washington Mutual, AstraZeneca, Schering-Plough, and the Texas Beef Council. Prior to consulting, Angela previously worked in Edelman’s New York and Austin, Texas offices, where she developed and oversaw general market and multicultural public relations activities for Kraft Foods, Hershey’s, Unilever/Dove, Starbuck’s and the New York International Latino Film Festival. Angela has played a leading role with PR teams that have received numerous awards including the 2004 Mercury Silver Award for Client Product Launch: Hershey’s Kisses filled with Caramel, and the 2003 Silver Anvil Award for Marketing Consumer Services – Healthcare: Together Rx.