2012 NAHP Media and Legislative Summit March 19-20, 2012
Join the National Association of Hispanic Publications for the 2012 NAHP Media and Legislative Summit, March 19th – 20th in Washington, DC. This annual event provides an opportunity for national leaders in the Hispanic Publishing Industry to engage in dialogue with leaders in Washington regarding the critical issues affecting Hispanics, the publishing industry and small-business ownership. Educational seminars and networking events for our members will lead up to meetings with key legislators on Capitol Hill and the recognition of lawmakers who consistently support print media and small business development. Full schedule to follow soon!
- $100 for NAHP Members
- $150 for Non-NAHP Members
Nominate Outstanding Publishers and Journalists
Each year, the National Association of Hispanic Publications honors oustanding Latino and Latina Publishers and Journalists, recognizing their contributions to the community and to the industry. This is an opportunity for their work to be recognized on a national level and in the company of fellow industry professionals. Awards will be presented at the 2012 NAHP Media and Legislative Summit Awards Luncheon in Washington, DC on March 20, 2012.
Latino/Latina Publisher of the Year
To be considered for the Latino/Latina Publisher of the Year, nominees must be members in good standing of the National Association of Hispanic Publications. Please submit the following information for a panel of industry peers to evaluate:
- 2-3 letters of recommendation from community organizations or influential community members describing the impact of the publication(s) on the community. Letters should include specific examples of events or activities that were positively enhanced by the efforts of the Publisher and their publication(s)
- 2-3 editions of the publication that highlight activities or events described in the recommendation letters
- 1 page background of the Publisher and the publication(s), including other awards that have been received
Latino/Latina Journalist of the Year
To be considered for the Latino/Latina Journalist of the Year, please submit the following information for a panel of industry peers to evaluate:
- 3 samples of printed work by the nominated journalist
- 1-2 letters of recommendation from editors or publishers who are members in good standing of the National Association of Hispanic Publications, describing the impact of the journalist’s work and the importance for the community at large
- Resume/CV of journalist, including other awards that have been received
Award Nominations should be received on or before February 15, 2012 via mail or email to be considered.
C/O National Association of Hispanic Publications
529 14th Street, NW, Suite 1126, Washington, DC 20045
Awards Deadline is February 15, 2012.
**Winners will be notified by February 24, 2012.**
Participants of the 2012 NAHP Media and Legislative Summit may make individual reservations at the Capitol Skyline Hotel. The Capitol Skyline Hotel is located only 5 blocks to the US Capitol. Just a short walk to the National Mall, Smithsonian museums and monuments. Only 3 blocks to Metro and Washington Nationals Baseball Stadium. Rates are $189.00/night.
Capitol Skyline Hotel
10 I Street, SW, Washington, DC 20024
Main Line: 202-488-7500
Reservation Line: 1-800-458-7500
**Please provide group # 4195 National Association of Hispanic Publications to receive the pre-negotiated rate for the Summit.*