Senior Account Executive – Multicultural Communications (Fort Worth, Texas) – [JOB ALERT]
- Term of Employment: Full Time
- Reports To: Vice President
Open Channels Group (OCG), a Fort Worth-based emerging, forward-thinking public relations agency, is seeking a highly motivated individual to assist the company in its multicultural communications efforts. While OCG’s niche is multicultural communications, the agency’s experience is rooted in executing general market campaigns for its regional and national client partners. The senior account executive will support client projects, including media relations, community outreach and digital communications. This position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Spanish. Candidate must be self-starter, creative, able to learn quickly and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. Candidate should be proficient in AP Style, give attention to detail, and have strong knowledge of social media.
- Develop written materials, including press releases, pitches, messaging/Q&A documents, fact sheets, website content, emails, newsletters, etc.
- Manage multiple projects from conception to completion, and ensure client deadlines are met
- Contribute to the creation of communications plans that meet client objectives by participating and leading idea/brainstorming sessions
- Maintain a thorough understanding of client’s business, industry and competitors
- Ability to develop relationships with members of consumer and business media and obtain results for media relations programs
- Monitor news and online media for client projects and assignments.
- Use AP Style and public relations knowledge to consistently produce high quality internal and external communications materials and content.
- Assist in creating digital communications strategies to increase visibility for OCG and its clients.
- Make recommendations for strategic marketing solutions to meet the defined objectives and goals for new business, including idea contribution, research and proposal preparation.
- Implement multicultural marketing and communications campaigns to effectively communicate the client’s defined business objectives.
- Identify the most effective channels to reach intended audiences.
- Monitor social media industry trends and applications and appropriately apply that knowledge to client campaigns as well as incorporate relevant techniques into OCG’s products and services.
- Execute projects and assignments in a thorough, accurate and timely manner.
- Review outgoing and/or internal documents and materials for quality assurance and quality control.
Candidate must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in public relations, communications, journalism, marketing, or related field. A minimum of five years of professional experience in public relations, business development and/or communications targeting the Hispanic segment is required.
The ideal candidate will have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of digital communications and social media platforms (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Flickr, Tumblr, etc.) and how they can be utilized for client or OCG projects. Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communications (English and Spanish) skills, organization skills and project management experience are a must. Candidates must possess excellent time management skills and have the ability to prioritize projects and meet deadlines. Must function well in a team environment, and have the ability to work well under pressure in a small firm atmosphere. Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and the Internet.
Candidate should be driven and an independent self-starter willing to learn. Must have the ability and confidence to follow up and follow through on projects with minimal oversight. Results-oriented with willingness to take responsibility and initiative. Must have the ability to show good judgment and to effectively respond and problem solve.
Candidate must have dependable transportation, as this position requires some off-site work and travel. Business development, and community management experience is a plus.
Please send a cover letter, resume and writing samples to Tamesha Walker, Open Channels Group, 101 Summit Ave., Suite 208, Fort Worth, Texas 76102 or email email@example.com.