More reasons why Dallas is the host city for the 2010 Hispanic PR & Social Marketing Conference
Other top reasons why Dallas is a terrific choice for the first ever Hispanic PR & Social Marketing Conference, May 10-12, 2010.
- Dallas is the top visitor and leisure destination in Texas.
- Dallas was noted as one of the top 44 destinations in the world to visit in 2009 by the New York Times. To see the story and read about why Dallas made the list visit:
- http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2009/01/11/travel/20090111_DESTINATION S.html?scp=5&sq=%22Places%20to%20Go%22&st=cse
- 11 entertainment districts are located in the downtown area or within 3 miles of downtown offering your attendees an abundance of choices during their free time in Dallas.
- Over 11 billion dollars in new development projects have been completed or will be completed by September of 2009.
- Dallas has the largest contiguous Arts District in the country and in the heart of our arts district, the biggest performing arts complex in the world to open since Lincoln Center will debut in September of 2009.
- Dallas is the third most popular US Business Travel Destination in America.
- The city is geographically located within (4) hours by airplane from all major cities in the United States. It has been named amongst the most effective “attendance generating” destinations in the country and has long been admired as a host city with superior performance and personal commitment.
- Fourth largest metropolitan area in the United States with over 6 million people residing in the DFW Metroplex area (Ft. Worth, Dallas, Arlington area).
- 23 major cities in Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Arkansas, Kansas, Tennessee, Colorado, and New Mexico are 12 hours or less driving distance from Dallas.
- DFW Airport is the third busiest airport in the world offering over 2,000 flights daily and has non stop service to 170 domestic and international destinations. 70 of these daily flights service international destinations. Our airport is located just 20 miles (25-30 minutes) from downtown area.
- Love Field Airport is located 7 miles from downtown and is home to Southwest Airlines and has over 300 flights daily.
- Dallas offers over 7,000 dining choices and 79 cuisines. We are a city that has some nationally recognized restaurants. There is something for everyone!
- State of the Art Light Rail System, which transports riders through the heart of downtown Dallas and transports passengers to convention center, shopping and entertainment districts and will extend out to DFW Airport in 2013.
- 23 Fortune 500 Companies located in the DFW Metroplex.