JOB ALERT: Senior Communications Positions Available with SEIU in NYC and Miami
The following Job Alert was posted on behalf of SEIU on Tuesday, April 26. If you are a recruiter or employer that would like to use our Hispanic Market Jobs service to post multicultural public relations and/or social media marketing jobs, please email email@example.com or contact us at 305.321.5002. To learn more about our job alert service click here.
Job Title: Hiring Communications Coordinators in NYC and Miami
Manage communications for coalition-based local union campaign for good jobs in either NYC or Miami. Develop and coordinate communication strategy and message among local unions and community coalition allies in the given city. The Coordinator :
· Develops message and message discipline among labor and community coalition partners
· Manages media relations in coordination with community coalition spokespeople
· Identifies and develops spokespeople for public speaking including media interviews
· Writes campaign talking points, speeches, press materials
· Develops campaign literature including leaflets, walk pieces, petitions, postcards, brochures, briefs and backgrounders
· Coordinates with New Media staff regarding online campaign needs including website content, list development, e-mail and texting
· Coordinates with Video Services staff regarding campaign video needs
· Manages campaign event communications, i.e. strategy, message, location, signage, visuals, materials, media outreach, spokesperson prep, event flow and agenda
· Coordinates communications with area union members
· Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field. Five to eight years of related work experience or a combination of education and experience that would provide for the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
· Experience developing and implementing strategy on a wide range of campaigns, including organizing, contract, political, and legislative, as well as experience working with community allies.
· Thorough knowledge of media relations strategies.
· Thorough knowledge of electronic and print media systems. Knowledge of advertising techniques and familiarity with all aspects of literature, audiovisual, and online production process required.
· Excellent writing, verbal, and analytical skills.
· Demonstrated capacity to continuously develop knowledge and skills related to use of rapidly changing technology.
· Knowledge of unions or other advocacy organizations.
· Skill in the use of personal computer including Microsoft Office Suite.
To Apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org