HPRA Miami Chapter Launches
The Hispanic Public Relations Association (HPRA) proudly announced today the launch of its newest local chapter, HPRA Miami. As the nation’s leading organization dedicated to communications professionals and those seeking expertise in the Hispanic market, HPRA offers its members first-rate programming year-round.
During its annual PRemio Awards and Scholarship Gala, the non-profit has awarded over a quarter million dollars to date in college scholarships to full-time Latino students pursuing careers in communications, and honors public relations professionals, journalists and companies that stand above the rest.
“With a burgeoning local network of corporate, non-profit and government sector public relations practitioners serving the U.S. Hispanic and Latin America-facing markets, we anticipate the HPRA Miami chapter to become a very strong chapter,” said Daisy Cabrera, HPRA Miami president, national HPRA board member. “Providing the expertise, resources, support and tools our members are seeking remains a top priority for HPRA chapters across the country, and we are excited to introduce our organization to Miami.”
The HPRA Miami 2014 Board of Directors include: President, Daisy Cabrera, U.S. Hispanic Corporate Communications Expert and Media Trainer; Vice President, Sonia Diaz, U.S. Hispanic Practice Manager, Balsera Communications; Treasurer, Krysten de Quesada, Account Manager, Pinta; and Secretary, Ana L. Ruedaquintero, Marketing Manager, Vme Media.
To join, individual HPRA membership is $125, $30 for students and corporate members receive a 15% discount on a minimum of five (5) individual memberships. Until February 28, HPRA is offering discounted individual membership at $99.
HPRA Miami will offer its members an interesting and informative variety of opportunities:
- “Meet the Media” sessions with U.S. Hispanic and Latin America media discussing relationship-building strategies, news trends, the importance of culturally-relevant information, etc.
- Professional development seminars hosted by communications industry experts and forward-thinking thought leaders sharing case studies, best practices, insights, research, career advice, etc.
- Panel discussions with leading social media influencers focused on the powerful Latino blogosphere, creating meaningful online interactions, etc.
- Exclusive networking opportunities with industry peers.
- Twitter HPRAChats, and discounts to conferences.
- Discounts or free entry to HPRA sponsored events.
- Leadership roles on committees (i.e. Membership, Programming, etc.)
HPRA continues expanding with established chapters in Los Angeles, New York, Washington, D.C. and Chicago. To learn about HPRA and become a member, visit http://www.hpra-usa.org, find HPRA on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/HPRA-USA and follow HPRA on Twitter @HPRAusa
To learn more about HPRA Miami, join the online conversation: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/HPRA-Miami-5089647/about.