HPRA Announces National Winners of 2014 ¡BRAVO! Awards; Hispanicize launches Hispanicize Los Angeles
LOS ANGELES, CA – It was a historic night for the Hispanic Public Relations Association as HPRA held its 30th annual BRAVO Awards and Scholarship Gala last night at the historic Tamayo Restaurant. Edelman Multicultural led all agencies with two of the eight National ¡BRAVO! Campaign of the Year Awards that were announced at the sold out dinner event.
Edelman Multicultural won the Food & Beverage category for its“Starbucks Caramel Flan Latte Hispanic Program” and the Non Profit category for the 2013 U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Annual Convention “America’s Business Future”.
The other 2014 ¡BRAVO! Campaign of the Year Award winners were:
– The California Endowment for the category for Public Education for #Health4All Campaign
– Cohn & Wolfe INFUSE for the Fashion & Beauty category for “Colgate® Optic White ® Making ‘Tu Sonrisa’ Your Best Accessory”
– Merck with GCI Health for the Healthcare & Nutrition category for “Cuida Tu Diabetes, Cuida Tu Corazón”
– Balsera Communications for Media Event (Corporate) for “Hispanicize Positive Impact: Celebrating Latinos Who Do Remarkable Good Deeds”2014 HPRA National ¡BRAVO! Campaign of the Year Award
– República for the category of Integrated Marketing “Goya World of Flavors”
– Imprenta Communications Group, Inc. for the Public Education Non Profit category for its California Department of Industrial Relations Wage Theft campaign
After Party Features Launch of Hispanicize Los Angeles, Hispanicize Stars Awards
The BRAVO Awards were followed by the Hispanicize-HPRA after party that was sponsored by the Greater Miami Conventions and Visitors Bureau and República.
The after party marked the official launch of the Hispanicize Los Angeles City Group that is under the leadership of Barney Santos of Unilever, Jose Villa of The Sensis Agency, Lizza Monet Morales of XoxoLizza.com and Willy Villarreal of Edelman Multicultural.
As part of the after party, which also raised money for the scholarship fund of HPRA LA, Hispanicize L.A.’s team recognized three local Latino influencers for their work in journalism, marketing and Latin music. the 2014 Hispanicize Los Angeles influencer “Stars” were:
– Magaly Ortiz, Entertainment reporter, Primer Impacto. For her achievements in the world of journalism and being a go-to source on entertainment news for Latinos.
– Diana Beas, Head of Music Licensing + Latin Music at Secret Road Music For her contribution to the Latin music industry, endless support of indie artists and always championing for their success.
– Jose Villa, President of The Sensis Agency, for his contribution as a leading Hispanic thought leaders in the marketing industry.