IMPORTANT REMINDER: HPRA-LA Executive Board Nominations Due Friday
The Hispanic Public Relations Association has grown to become one of the leading Hispanic and PR professional organizations in the country. Founded in 1985 in LA, our national footprint now includes an active New York chapter, a thriving scholarship program, a national industry conference and the prestigious PRemios awards.
We’re on the move, making this an exciting time to get involved in our dynamic organization.
We’re also looking for a few good men and women to make their mark, and join our LA chapter’s executive team. If you’re ready to take the next step in your career, want to meet other great people involved in Hispanic PR, and help advance the Hispanic PR industry by lending your expertise, please send us your nomination today!
HPRA-LA Positions Open for Nomination:
- Vice President/President-Elect (2-year term)
- Secretary (2-year term)
- Treasurer (2-year term)
How to Nominate
If you or someone you know would like to be considered for a board position, please submit a one-pager (limited to one) to HPRA-LA president Lourdes Rodriguez email@example.com by Friday, June 24, 2011 that includes the following:
- Full Name
- Board Position
- Professional Biography (2-3 paragraphs)
Nomination Deadline: Friday, June 24, 2011 at 5:00 p.m. – Elections will be Tuesday, June 28, 2011. Only HPRA-LA members will be able to vote.
Board Position Descriptions
In the absence of the President, the Vice President/President-elect shall be the presiding officer at general membership meetings, meetings of the Executive Board, and at all other meetings at which the president would normally preside. All further responsibilities of the Vice President/President-elect shall be designated by the President. The Vice President/President-elect shall perform such other duties as usually pertain to the office of the Vice President/President-elect such as:
- Assists in overseeing HPRA as directed by President
- Oversees fundraising director and reports to President regarding activities
- Oversees College Outreach Director and coordinates scholarship awards
- Oversees Marketing Director and reviews HPRA press materials
- Works jointly with Program Director to coordinate programs/events
Provides strategic direction to advance HPRA’s marketing goals
- Leads board meetings, if President not available
- Assists President in marketing/publicizing HPRA
The Secretary shall be responsible for keeping a record of all proceedings, and obtaining all documents belonging to HPRA. This shall include the minutes of previous membership meetings, meeting recaps, correspondence to outside parties as directed by the Board, and presiding over all specified meetings in the absence of both the President and Vice President/President-elect.
The Secretary shall record the minutes of all general membership meetings and such other meetings as designated by the President. In all recorded minutes, this shall include: each member present, the results of all votes and motions, and such other pertinent information deemed necessary. Secretary will be held responsible for monthly committee updates, current HPRA board and membership roster.
The Secretary shall be responsible for performing all other duties as pertain to the office or as assigned by the President, such as:
- Record meeting minutes and responsible for distribution
- Responsible for monthly updates from Director’s Board and coordinating correspondence, as directed by the President
- Responsible for checking HPRA chapter e-mail
- Oversee Digital Director for web site and collateral contributions
- Oversee Membership Director to drive membership
The Treasurer shall be responsible for receiving and disbursing all funds for HPRA, and for providing the Executive Board a monthly report of all transactions. The Treasurer shall be responsible for maintaining and up-to-date order of all financial records of HPRA, including all budgeting, planning and reporting procedures.
The Treasurer, in conjunction with the President, shall be responsible to the Executive Board for providing a monthly account of funds received and disbursed, and for maintaining adequate budgeting, planning and reporting procedures, and for filing all required governmental reports.
The Treasurer shall perform all other duties pertaining to the office or assigned by the President, such as:
- Provide monthly financial reports to Executive Board ·Handle membership and program/event fees
- Acts as the liaison with the CPA, including filing annual taxes on time
- Oversee Programs Director and works jointly to collect event fees / invoicing
Please note: Delia Lopez is the current Vice President/President-Elect and will assume the President position January 1, 2012. The elected board members will also assume positions January 1st, but will also be expected to participate in monthly board meetings August- December 2011 in order to gain familiarity with organizational process.