JOB ALERT: Ogilvy Public Relations, Washington DC seeks Account Executive
The following Job Alert was posted on behalf of Ogilvy Public Relations/Washington DC on September 11, 2010. If you would like to use our Hispanic Market Jobs service to post multicultural public relations and/or social media marketing jobs, please email email@example.com or contact us at 305.321.5002.
Ogilvy Public Relations/Washington DC
Specialized Communications Group
Ogilvy PR is seeking a bilingual (English-Spanish) communications professional to join the Specialized Communications group as an Account Executive in our Washington DC office. The successful candidate will join a diverse and dynamic team with a wide array of skills and accounts, providing a great opportunity to learn and grow and exposure to a variety of clients, industries and issues, including Fortune 50 corporations, non-profits, associations and government agencies.
In this role, the team member will be responsible for assisting in the execution of public relations programs for a top pharmaceutical account. Candidate must be fluent in Spanish (speaking and reading) and have an understanding of the Hispanic community in the U.S.
Responsibilities will include media monitoring and outreach, press material development, partnership outreach and research on a variety of subjects and issues. Experience in education, consumer or nonprofit areas and/or having worked in the association industry is a plus.
· Provide account support to the Specialized Communications team with a focus on Hispanic media relations, event planning and execution, research and writing
· Conduct research and write on a variety of subjects and issues
· Support media relations activities, including monitoring, creating media reports and pitching the media on variety of subjects
· Write communications and media materials such as press releases and fact sheets
· Organize and support media tours, product launches, trade shows and other events
· Support in partnership outreach and engagement
· 2-3 years of Communications/PR experience; experience in a PR agency a plus
· Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations, Public Policy, Communications or other related field
· Fluency in English and Spanish is required and your resume/application materials must clearly state such language capabilities
· Must have an understanding of the Hispanic community in the U.S.
· Experience writing press releases and creating press kits in English and Spanish
· Must be well versed in current events and headline news
· Demonstrated superior writing skills
· Some media relations experience (including experience with media pitching, monitoring, and analysis)
· Excellent client and interpersonal skills
· Strong research, organizational and communication skills
· Strong internet research skills
· Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, media databases and social media networks
How to apply:
Please visit the careers section of our website at http:www.ogilvypr.com/careers <http://www.ogilvypr.com/careers> to apply online.
About Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide:
Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide (Ogilvy PR) is a leading global marketing communications firm, with offices in more than 60 cities around the world. The firm provides strategic communications counsel to a variety of clients across its public affairs, corporate, technology, healthcare, consumer marketing, social marketing and entertainment practices. The agency also offers biotechnology and government affairs expertise through its subsidiaries Feinstein Kean Healthcare and Ogilvy Government Relations, respectively. Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide is part of the WPP Group, one of the world’s largest communications services organizations (NASDAQ: WPPGY, www.wpp.com). For more information, visit our Web site at www.ogilvypr.com <http://www.ogilvypr.com/> .