Entravision launches ‘Tu Decides’ campaign to encourage civic engagement in U.S. Latinos
Entravision Communications Corporation yesterday announced the launch of Tu Decides, a comprehensive civic engagement effort designed to encourage and empower U.S. Latinos to apply for citizenship, register to vote, and/or to actively vote in the upcoming 2016 elections.
Driven by Entravision’s corporate mission, its leading multimedia capabilities and its unmatched consumer acumen, the Tu Decides campaign will include a series of educational initiatives leveraging Entravision’s above the line (TV and Radio), below the line (promotions and events), and online media assets. Highly visible and compelling creative content will be integrated across Entravision’s award-winning television newscasts and radio proporties, as well as its #1 comScore ranked digital ad platform, Pulpo Media. Furthermore, mobile and social platforms, and grassroots hyper-local events, customized for each Entravision market to drive greater relevance and reflect varying election timelines, will also be activated.
The holistic imperative will kick off with one of Tu Decides’ most important pillars, “La Raza Decide,” a major Voter Registration Drive, on Thursday, December 3rd. Entravision will broadcast and promote registration information between 6:00 am to 12:00 am to encourage listeners to register to vote and engage with their local Registrar offices. “La Raza Decide” will air on all Entravision television, radio and digital assets.
“The Tu Decides campaign stems from our commitment to educating and empowering the U.S. Latino vote. Entravision is uniquely poised to support this political initiative given our superior news expertise, extensive digital initiatives and dedicated content across all of our media platforms,” said Walter F. Ulloa, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Entravision. “As the power of the U.S. Latino vote increases, Entravision’s presence in multiple key 2016 Election states makes Tu Decides among the most impactful political awareness campaigns in the country. Entravision continues to devote its media capabilities to informing the Latino vote, and encouraging voter registration and election engagement through its multi-media programming and online content.”
Tu Decides will highlight a full spectrum of messages crucial to the Hispanic community including.
- Naturalization – An educational effort to facilitate the road to citizenship.
- Voter Registration – A call-to-action to register to vote including engagement to drive voter registration and state-specific information.
- Get Out to Vote – A call-to-action to vote driven by Entravision talent engagement and local, grassroots efforts to drive and facilitate voter turnout.
- Debates and Conventions – Latino-focused coverage of all Republican and Democratic debates and national conventions.
- Elections – In-depth and around the clock coverage of primary elections, general Election Day and watch parties.
“In a free society, the right to vote is fundamental,” said Alex Padilla, California Secretary of State. “Every time we vote we help define the direction of our city, state, and nation. When we vote, we help decide what our priorities will be today and in our future. I applaud Entravision’s efforts to encourage citizenship and to increase voter registration and participation.”
Catering to the audiences who view news websites through mobile platforms, Entravision has also launched PoliticaParaMi.com, a mobile optimized digital platform that allows access to premium Spanish-language content on multiple device formats. PoliticaParaMi.com is Entravision’s premier destination for 24/7 coverage of all things politically related to the Hispanic community: hosting real-time top-line news; local political feeds; polling and voting platforms; and, debate webcasts. Users will have the ability to compare party platform positions, engage with each other and Entravision’s news anchors, review and score debates, etc. The website will further include interactive features such as quizzes, local and national maps and countdowns to key election dates. In the near future, the platform will be fully bilingual and enhanced to reach online Hispanics across all acculturation levels.
Most notably, PoliticaParaMi.com will post informative bilingual videos about candidates, weekly videos on civic engagement, political humor and satire as well as blogs from well-known Entravision correspondents:
- Tsi-tsi-ki Felix – Host of Entravision’s Perspectiva Nacional, a weekly political public affairs program featuring interviews, in-depth analysis and issue discussions of the week’s most pressing political headlines impacting the Hispanic community, airing Sundays on Entravision’s TV and radio properties. Felix is an Emmy award-winning correspondent for her coverage on immigration rights, and is a recipient of the Enterprising Woman of the Year Award.
- Edwin Pitti – Correspondent on Desde La Casa Blanca, a weekly Washington D.C. based news segment aimed at empowering U.S. Latinos by raising awareness of political issues and agendas. Pitti is a 5-time Emmy nominated reporter known widely for his extensive work and ability to earn the community’s trust.
“We are excited to be able to bring Entravision’s Tu Decides campaign initiatives to each of our markets at a local level while also engaging them through our digital and mobile platforms, which has been critical to reaching the hyper-connected Hispanic audience,” said Luisa Collins, Vice President of News, Social Affairs and Wellness at Entravision. “Entravision recognizes the importance and impact that immersing and interacting with local communities can have in transforming the U.S. political sphere, and we will continue to drive these efforts through the delivery of superior news content to the Hispanic community.”