ColorComm announces seven honorees of the 2017 ColorComm Circle Awards
ColorComm, Inc., the nation’s premier platform addressing diversity and inclusion from across the communications, marketing, media, and advertising arenas, will host its 4th Annual ColorComm Circle Awards honoring seven changemakers in the industry.
The ColorComm Circle Awards currently serves as the only awards ceremony to honor women of color in communications. The awards dinner will take place on Wednesday, July 26th, 2017, opening night during ColorComm’s annual conference held in the Grand Ballroom at the Ritz-Carlton, Key Biscayne. Zuri Hall of E! News will emcee the awards ceremony.
“We need our stories told and our work recognized. Often times, you see less than a handful of people of color included on a power list, women to watch awards, or industry award ceremonies. And sometimes you see the same cluster of people being honored on lists repeatedly. This leaves many to question where are the rest of executive leaders of color working in the industry who are making an impact,” said Lauren Wesley Wilson, Founder of ColorComm.
“The ColorComm Circle Awards is the highest honor awarded to a select group of women whom you may have never heard of, who are not on every list, but are some of the most powerful and behind-the-scenes women who are making an impact in and outside of their organizations. These women are changing communities and should be recognized for their journey and celebrated for making a difference,” said Wilson.
ColorComm is proud to honor:
- Kathy Baird, Managing Director of Content and Social, Ogilvy
- Lori George Billingsley, Vice President, Community Relations, Coca-Cola North America
- Traci Blunt, President, Urban Movie Channel
- Natalie Boden, Founder and President, BODEN
- Minyon Moore, Principal, Dewey Square Group
- Monique Nelson, CEO, UniWorld Group Inc.
- Niharika Shah, VP, Head of Brand Marketing & Advertising at Prudential Financial