Photos from this week’s PRSA multicultural PR panel at the National Press Club
WASHINGTON, DC - In a historic year with a new president who symbolizes the growing diversity of our nation, multicultural communications have become a significant area of focus for many companies and organizations, as well as the government. PR Newswire is hosting an in-depth, panel presentation on maximizing multicultural initiatives in a changing society on Thursday, April 23rd at the National Press Club.
The dynamic panel will feature Dr. Rochelle Ford, David Duckenfield, & Carla Coolman, who will discuss the latest trends and positioning strategies to reach diverse communities. The program is titled “The Inauguration of a New Age: Multicultural PR in a Changing Society” and is being moderated by Manny Ruiz. It is part of a national tour entitled “From Media Relations to Measurement: Maximizing Your Multicultural Initiatives in 2009,” which is traveling to various PRSA chapters throughout the country.
Topics will include:
* How should your public relations and diversity initiatives be adapted to connect with multicultural audiences?
* What are some top tips for effectively working with Hispanic, African American and U.S. Asian media?
* What are some of the key similarities and differences about working with these media?
* What are multicultural audiences doing in this quickly-evolving area of communication?
* Will the diversity of the new administration prompt federal agencies to have a more multicultural approach to their communications efforts?